New function room at The Lamb Inn
Belinda and Lech Polanek provide private space for functions and diners.
THE owners of an Axminster pub have upgraded facilities by developing a new function room.
Belinda and Lech Polanek, of The Lamb Inn, created the attractive, private space by moving the pub’s kitchen upstairs and installing a dumb waiter.
The dining area is already proving popular with customers, who enjoy The Lamb Inn’s menu.
Mr and Mrs Polanek bought The Lamb Inn almost five years ago and serve home-cooked food seven days a week, from noon to 3pm and from 7pm to 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
The popularity of the pub’s Sunday roasts and weekday specials persuaded the couple that it was worth providing diners with a private space to enjoy their food or to hold a function.
“We are now planning to install a new raised patio, providing plenty of outdoor space for smokers and diners,” said Mrs Polanek. “The new function room has gone down well.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
The Lamb Inn has featured in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide every year since the Polaneks took over the freehouse.