New function room at The Lamb Inn
Belinda and Lech Polanek provide private space for functions and diners.
THE owners of an Axminster pub have upgraded facilities by developing a new function room.
Belinda and Lech Polanek, of The Lamb Inn, created the attractive, private space by moving the pub’s kitchen upstairs and installing a dumb waiter.
The dining area is already proving popular with customers, who enjoy The Lamb Inn’s menu.
Mr and Mrs Polanek bought The Lamb Inn almost five years ago and serve home-cooked food seven days a week, from noon to 3pm and from 7pm to 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
The popularity of the pub’s Sunday roasts and weekday specials persuaded the couple that it was worth providing diners with a private space to enjoy their food or to hold a function.
“We are now planning to install a new raised patio, providing plenty of outdoor space for smokers and diners,” said Mrs Polanek. “The new function room has gone down well.”
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The Lamb Inn has featured in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide every year since the Polaneks took over the freehouse.