New GP joins Seaton practice
- Credit: Archant
A new GP is set to join the Townsend House Medical Centre in Seaton.
Dr Jon Dove officially starts with the surgery on Wednesday, September 2.
He joins the practice as a full time partner and he will also become the clinical representative for the Patient Participation Group meetings.
He said: “I attended medical school in London, which involved a stint in the Shetland Islands.
“Since qualification in 2010, my interests have included palliative care, kidney medicine and teaching.
You may also want to watch:
“I have lived in Scotland and South East England, but have always harboured the desire to live and work by the sea in the West Country and am delighted that my dream is now coming true.”
When not working Dr Dove enjoys spending time with his young family, playing jazz piano and “fiddling” with the guitar.
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 5 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 6 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns
- 10 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
He added: “I am keen to improve my skiing so that I can keep up with my wife!”
* With autumn just around they corner medics in Seaton are advising people to start thinking about their annual flu jab. Townsend House Medical Centre is encouraging all eligible patients to start booking up for their shot of vaccine.
Practice manager Elly Potter has already had hers, courtesy of practice nurse Selina Wills.
Clinics currently available are on Saturdays September 19 and 26 at Seaton and on Wednesday, September 30 at the Beer surgery.
Patients are asked to please either book online or by phoning the surgery on 01297 20616.