New lease of life for Brainwave
Staff get ready for the charity shop’s reopening this Friday.
BRAINWAVE in Seaton is to be given a new lease of life when it reopens for the festive season after undergoing a makeover.
The shop, in Fore Street, is set to reopen to customers for late night shopping at the resort’s Christmas Festival on Friday.
Shop supervisor Carl Matthews, who also runs the Colyton branch, with the help of sales assistant Lily Farrington, has been busy making the last minute preparations - painting the shop’s interior and restocking the shelves.
“I am looking forward to reopening. I hope we get more customers and more volunteers,” said Carl.
You may also want to watch:
“It is going to be a new lease of life for the shop.”
The charity shop was in desperate need of a face-lift after substantial damage was caused to one of the bay windows when a driverless van careered into the shop front in May.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
This was made worse when a second bay window was damaged and boarded up.
He added: “It desperately needed painting. It’s now looking clean and fresh and more welcoming.
“It is going to be a nicer place to work and something to be proud of.”
The revamp has been done a shoe-string budget and the shop has made use of the old fittings and fixtures.
Customers can expect the usual bric-a-brac, books, clothing, accessories and handbags and there will be plenty of inspiration for Christmas gift ideas.
Brainwave is also looking for more volunteers and donations to help support the charity.
Anyone interested in volunteering or making a donation can call (01297) 625817 or visit the shop.