New look for Uplyme’s Autumn Show
- Credit: Archant
Entries invited on the night for 16 classes including flowers, fruit, veg and preserves
Uplyme and Lyme Regis Horticultural Society will present a new-style Autumn Show this year.
The event takes place in the village hall from 7.30pm on Wednesday, October 25.
There are 16 classes for competition – and people should simply take their entries along from 7pm on the night.
Most classes will be judged by public vote and they range from flowers, fruit, veg, cookery, preserves, craft and floral art. There will be a bring and share supper after the judging along with the presentation of cheques to a number of local organisations from the profits of the very successful Summer show.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the society said: “We are glad to be able to help these charities in this way.”
For more information about the Autumn Show and the competition classes visit the website at https://ulrhs.wordpress.com/, or find a copy of the schedule in Uplyme Stores, Ginger Beer or Raymonds Hill Post Office.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home