New man joins award winning Lyme Bay Winery team
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Lewis will bring a wealth of experience to the role as the Shute-based company’s quality manager
Award-winning Axe Valley drinks maker, Lyme Bay Winery, has appointed a new quality manager.
Jimmy Lewis will bring a wealth of industry experience to the growing team, says the company.
He recently received the prestigious ‘Member of the Month’ award from the International Food Safety and Quality Network - the world’s leading networking and information website for food safety practitioners.
Jimmy’s appointment comes as further demonstration of Lyme Bay’s continuing commitment to quality standards, following the news of last month’s BRC Global Standard certification, which is regarded as the highest benchmark for best practice, quality and safety in the industry.
You may also want to watch:
Achieved due to the winery’s pre-existing and ongoing drive to produce exceptional drinks to the highest quality and standards, Lyme Bay is currently the only English wine producer to hold this seal of approval.
Liam Idzikowski, head winemaker at Lyme Bay Winery which is based at Shute, near Axminster, said: “Bringing Jimmy aboard the Lyme Bay team has brought in a fresh and experienced pair of eyes to help us continue striving for better quality and higher standards.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“His vast technical experience in the large-scale food industry offers the company a new and rigorous approach to cider and winemaking that will support us in our ongoing mission to produce the very highest quality drinks.”
For more information about Lyme Bay Winery’s products, please visit www.lymebaywinery.co.uk