Steve and Dee hand over foodbank role to new manager
- Credit: The Community Church
After 18 months of managing Honiton's King’s Centre Foodbank, Steve and Dee Masters have stepped down and a new manager, Teresa Pollard, has been appointed.
The foodbank was set up by The Community Church in Honiton a number of years ago to serve those in need in the local area and Steve and Dee have been involved since the start.
They took on the management of the facility at the beginning of the Covid pandemic.
Over the past 12 months the foodbank and its team of volunteers have made nearly 2,000 deliveries of nearly 40,000 meals to around 2,500 adults and 1,500 children in need - and they say that demand for food parcels continues to grow.
Steve and Dee have been involved in social action on behalf of the church for a number of years, particularly in helping those who are struggling with addiction.
They say they feel the time is right to refocus on this important work and hand on the responsibility of foodbank management to others.
Teresa said: "I am really looking forward to working with the amazing team of volunteers to provide meals and support for individuals and families in the community.
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 5 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 6 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 7 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 8 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 9 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 10 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
"During the Covid pandemic the foodbank has been a lifeline to many. Over the past couple of months food donations have dropped but the need is still here."
She added: "If you are able to give a food donation then please take it to one of the following supermarkets: Lidl, Tesco, Co-op or Highfields Store in Dunkeswell.
"Finally, I would like to say a huge thank-you to everyone that has supported the food bank over the past 18 months. Without this community support it would not be possible.”
For more information or to make a donation please contact The Community Church on 01404 43800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org