New market barber for Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton’s street market has welcomed a ‘unique’ addition to its regular Saturday traders - a barber who is offering hair cuts at a snip.
Paul Tremonti, also known as The Market Barber, is fast becoming a popular feature on the Saturday market - attracting plenty of interest from passers-by. He is believed to be one of the only market barbers in the South West.
“It has been brilliant. Everyone has said what a great idea this is,” says Paul, who lives in Ilminster. “As long as there is footfall I am going to get people sitting in the chair.”
Paul was previously in the entertainment business before taking up hairdressing and then moving across to barbering.
He added: “I love being my own boss. I had people queuing on my first day of trading.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mayor of Honiton, Councillor David Foster, and town crier Dave Retter, stopped by to give Paul a warm welcome to the town.
Cllr Foster said: “What a brilliant and unique addition to our market as we look forward to the summer trading months.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
“I am sure the market will grow bigger and I encourage the local community to come down and see what traders have to offer to our wonderful market tradtion, which is strong in the town.”
Honiton’s street market runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.