New neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton
Former soldier joins resort’s community policing team
POLICE have appointed a new neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton.
PC Daz Norton will work closely with PCSO Chris Bolsover to patrol the town.
He joined the Force in 2000 after serving in the Parachute Regiment.
Since then he has been stationed at Totnes, Torquay, Paignton, Newton Abbot and Ashburton.
PC Norton moved to East Devon in the summer and served as a patrol officer in Honiton and Seaton until taking up his new role last week.
He said: “One of my previous roles was as a tutor/assessor. This involved me training and assessing student officers and trainee Police Community Support Officers whilst on the beat.
- 1 Seaton beach wins blue flag status
- 2 Honiton Fire Station gives top tips to young drivers
- 3 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 4 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 5 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 6 New workshop launched to help struggling Axminster traders
- 7 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 8 M5 all lanes now reopened.
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Event for Devon farmers and landowners interested in agri-tech
“I am a keen angler and when off duty I will regularly be seen sat on a beach attempting to catch a fish! I also enjoy a spot of kayaking.”
PC Norton and his wife Kelly have two children.
He added: “It is my intention to be visible and accessible to the public by conducting as many foot patrols within the area as operationally possible. Should anyone see me out and about, please feel free to stop and chat. If there are any issues that people have then I will seek to resolve them.”
Ton contact PC Norton visit the website at http://neighbourhoodpolicing.devon-cornwall.police.uk/BCU-1663/Sector-1739/NB-1745/Pages/default.aspx