New neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton
Former soldier joins resort’s community policing team
POLICE have appointed a new neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton.
PC Daz Norton will work closely with PCSO Chris Bolsover to patrol the town.
He joined the Force in 2000 after serving in the Parachute Regiment.
Since then he has been stationed at Totnes, Torquay, Paignton, Newton Abbot and Ashburton.
You may also want to watch:
PC Norton moved to East Devon in the summer and served as a patrol officer in Honiton and Seaton until taking up his new role last week.
He said: “One of my previous roles was as a tutor/assessor. This involved me training and assessing student officers and trainee Police Community Support Officers whilst on the beat.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
“I am a keen angler and when off duty I will regularly be seen sat on a beach attempting to catch a fish! I also enjoy a spot of kayaking.”
PC Norton and his wife Kelly have two children.
He added: “It is my intention to be visible and accessible to the public by conducting as many foot patrols within the area as operationally possible. Should anyone see me out and about, please feel free to stop and chat. If there are any issues that people have then I will seek to resolve them.”
Ton contact PC Norton visit the website at http://neighbourhoodpolicing.devon-cornwall.police.uk/BCU-1663/Sector-1739/NB-1745/Pages/default.aspx