New neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton
Former soldier joins resort’s community policing team
POLICE have appointed a new neighbourhood beat manager for Seaton.
PC Daz Norton will work closely with PCSO Chris Bolsover to patrol the town.
He joined the Force in 2000 after serving in the Parachute Regiment.
Since then he has been stationed at Totnes, Torquay, Paignton, Newton Abbot and Ashburton.
You may also want to watch:
PC Norton moved to East Devon in the summer and served as a patrol officer in Honiton and Seaton until taking up his new role last week.
He said: “One of my previous roles was as a tutor/assessor. This involved me training and assessing student officers and trainee Police Community Support Officers whilst on the beat.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
“I am a keen angler and when off duty I will regularly be seen sat on a beach attempting to catch a fish! I also enjoy a spot of kayaking.”
PC Norton and his wife Kelly have two children.
He added: “It is my intention to be visible and accessible to the public by conducting as many foot patrols within the area as operationally possible. Should anyone see me out and about, please feel free to stop and chat. If there are any issues that people have then I will seek to resolve them.”
Ton contact PC Norton visit the website at http://neighbourhoodpolicing.devon-cornwall.police.uk/BCU-1663/Sector-1739/NB-1745/Pages/default.aspx