New owners for award-winning Axminster pub
Tytherleigh Arms is sold after agents invited offers in excess of �499,000
AN award-winning pub near Axminster has new owners.
The Tytherleigh Arms has been bought by Mark Starling and Rosie Goyder after offers in excess of �499,000 were invited.
They say they intend to “refresh the food offering and implement a comprehensive refurbishment programme.”
The inn was sold by Christie and Co on behalf of proprietors Rachel and Martin Portlock.
You may also want to watch:
They established a reputation for offering the very best local produce and reached the finals in Devon Life’s Best Dining Pub of the Year Award 2007, having been voted one of the top three dining pubs in the county.
Jon Clyne, from Christie and Co said: “Rachel and Martin Portlock owned and operated the Tytherleigh Arms for many successful years, before deciding to pursue other business interests and family life.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Champions of art and culture help connect communities