New priest ordained in Kilmington
Bishop of Crediton officiates at service.
A NEW priest has joined the Five Alive Mission Community after being ordained into the Church of England at a ceremony in Kilmington.
Reverend Kate Woolven was ordained at a service in St Giles Church on Saturday, September 25, by Bishop Bob Evans.
Family, friends and representatives from the parishes in the mission community, including Dalwood, Kilmington, Shute and Whitford, Stockland and Yarcombe, were in attendance.
Reverend Woolven made her declaration of faith in front of the Bishop and members of the congregation before she was ordained as a priest to serve in the Five Alive Mission Community.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop Evans then conducted a service of Holy Communion before leading Reverend Woolven out of the church.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 8 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people