New priest ordained in Kilmington
Bishop of Crediton officiates at service.
A NEW priest has joined the Five Alive Mission Community after being ordained into the Church of England at a ceremony in Kilmington.
Reverend Kate Woolven was ordained at a service in St Giles Church on Saturday, September 25, by Bishop Bob Evans.
Family, friends and representatives from the parishes in the mission community, including Dalwood, Kilmington, Shute and Whitford, Stockland and Yarcombe, were in attendance.
Reverend Woolven made her declaration of faith in front of the Bishop and members of the congregation before she was ordained as a priest to serve in the Five Alive Mission Community.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop Evans then conducted a service of Holy Communion before leading Reverend Woolven out of the church.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 5 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 6 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 7 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Stars of the future take first steps on the road to Wimbledon
- 10 Axe Valley Runners enjoy a Triathlon return