New priest ordained in Kilmington
Bishop of Crediton officiates at service.
A NEW priest has joined the Five Alive Mission Community after being ordained into the Church of England at a ceremony in Kilmington.
Reverend Kate Woolven was ordained at a service in St Giles Church on Saturday, September 25, by Bishop Bob Evans.
Family, friends and representatives from the parishes in the mission community, including Dalwood, Kilmington, Shute and Whitford, Stockland and Yarcombe, were in attendance.
Reverend Woolven made her declaration of faith in front of the Bishop and members of the congregation before she was ordained as a priest to serve in the Five Alive Mission Community.
You may also want to watch:
Bishop Evans then conducted a service of Holy Communion before leading Reverend Woolven out of the church.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 6 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
- 10 Virtual handicap race for Axe Valley Runners