New rector for the Minster, Axminster
A NEW team rector has been appointed at the Minster in Axminster – after the position lay vacant for more than a year.
Prebendary John Good left the team in April 2009 and now the patron and the parish representatives have announced Reverend John Streeting will take over the role.
Revd Streeting, a talented musician, is currently working in Sheerness and Queenborough in the Diocese of Canterbury. He and his wife Elizabeth have grown up children.
The Revd and his family will be welcomed at the Minster with a special service later this year and will live at the Rectory in Axminster.
Revd Judith Roberts, associate priest at Axminster Team Ministry, said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming him and Elizabeth and we are sure they will make a very special contribution to the town and village communities as well as to the churches.”
The ministry includes the Anglican churches of Axminster, All Saints, Chardstock, Combpyne and Rousdon and Membury.
- 1 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 2 Dramatic departure of six Honiton councillors after council tax vote
- 3 Serious road accident at Wilmington
- 4 Information sought on fly-tipping incident in Honiton
- 5 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
- 6 Bringing the best of British to Honiton
- 7 New £60,000 funding for Honiton play park
- 8 Volunteers sought for speed awareness scheme in Cranbrook
- 9 Mum-to-be's relaxing holiday ends in baby being delivered at Devon resort
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products