New rector for the Minster, Axminster
A NEW team rector has been appointed at the Minster in Axminster – after the position lay vacant for more than a year.
Prebendary John Good left the team in April 2009 and now the patron and the parish representatives have announced Reverend John Streeting will take over the role.
Revd Streeting, a talented musician, is currently working in Sheerness and Queenborough in the Diocese of Canterbury. He and his wife Elizabeth have grown up children.
The Revd and his family will be welcomed at the Minster with a special service later this year and will live at the Rectory in Axminster.
Revd Judith Roberts, associate priest at Axminster Team Ministry, said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming him and Elizabeth and we are sure they will make a very special contribution to the town and village communities as well as to the churches.”
You may also want to watch:
The ministry includes the Anglican churches of Axminster, All Saints, Chardstock, Combpyne and Rousdon and Membury.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 8 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster