New rector for the Minster, Axminster
A NEW team rector has been appointed at the Minster in Axminster – after the position lay vacant for more than a year.
Prebendary John Good left the team in April 2009 and now the patron and the parish representatives have announced Reverend John Streeting will take over the role.
Revd Streeting, a talented musician, is currently working in Sheerness and Queenborough in the Diocese of Canterbury. He and his wife Elizabeth have grown up children.
The Revd and his family will be welcomed at the Minster with a special service later this year and will live at the Rectory in Axminster.
Revd Judith Roberts, associate priest at Axminster Team Ministry, said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming him and Elizabeth and we are sure they will make a very special contribution to the town and village communities as well as to the churches.”
You may also want to watch:
The ministry includes the Anglican churches of Axminster, All Saints, Chardstock, Combpyne and Rousdon and Membury.
- 1 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 2 East Devon showjumper on the Olympic shortlist
- 3 Deadline looms for to claim Brexit support funding
- 4 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Baker's son who became one of Nelson's naval commanders
- 7 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 8 Afternoon of jazz and cream teas at Coldharbour Farm House
- 9 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 10 Virtual work experience programme for young people in region