New rector for the Minster, Axminster
A NEW team rector has been appointed at the Minster in Axminster – after the position lay vacant for more than a year.
Prebendary John Good left the team in April 2009 and now the patron and the parish representatives have announced Reverend John Streeting will take over the role.
Revd Streeting, a talented musician, is currently working in Sheerness and Queenborough in the Diocese of Canterbury. He and his wife Elizabeth have grown up children.
The Revd and his family will be welcomed at the Minster with a special service later this year and will live at the Rectory in Axminster.
Revd Judith Roberts, associate priest at Axminster Team Ministry, said: “We are very much looking forward to welcoming him and Elizabeth and we are sure they will make a very special contribution to the town and village communities as well as to the churches.”
You may also want to watch:
The ministry includes the Anglican churches of Axminster, All Saints, Chardstock, Combpyne and Rousdon and Membury.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre