New rural dean installed at Yarcombe
Five Alive Mission Community vicar Alastair McCollum is commissioned by Bishop Evens
POPULAR East Devon clergyman Rev Alastair McCollum has been installed as the new rural dean for the Honiton area.
He was commissioned by Bishop Bob Evens at a service in Yarcombe – one of the churches in his Five Alive Mission Community.
Members of the vicar’s other congregations form Dalwood, Kilmington, Shute and Stockland also attended, along with Nigel Speller, the deanery lay Chairman.
The Bishop and congregation applauded Mr McCollum and prayed for his work in the deanery.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to the ceremony the Rev Kate Woolven led an evening Taize Service of quiet reflection, with music played by Kathy Laing.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes