New signs up in Seaton to boost tourism
- Credit: Archant
New town centre maps, brown tourist signs and town attraction signs in Seaton have been installed thanks to the town council.
The new signs were launched in response to requests by residents and independent businesses and as a result of an initial audit of all signs undertaken by the Town Development Team.
The new maps, displayed in and around the town centre include brief descriptions of points of interest in the town and clearly mark the shopping areas to encourage visitors to explore all parts of the town. The brown tourist and follow-on signs on the highway and routes into Seaton have also been improved to encourage visitors to explore the town’s various attractions.
Further new signs raise the profile of Axminster Station as a ‘gateway’ to the Jurassic Coast and surrounding countryside, following a proposal put forward by the Jurassic Coast team.
A Seaton Town Council spokesperson said: “Seaton is a wonderful place offering both residents and tourists plenty of things to do. We’re very proud to work closely with local councils and attractions to help build on the town’s identity.
You may also want to watch:
“Clear signage is a sure way to maximise a visitor’s experience and improve the town.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners