Seafront taxi rank could be relocated in Seaton to aid redevelopment project
- Credit: Archant
One of Seaton’s four taxi ranks could be moved to aid the town’s seafront development.
Seaton Town Council has made a request to East Devon District Council (EDDC) to move the existing rank, in Marine Place, to Castle Hill.
The district council's licensing and enforcement committee will meet on Wednesday, October 16, to discuss the motion.
The move would see the current rank, which accommodates two vehicles, reduced to just one taxi.
Council papers say the current taxi rank in Marine Place would be removed because the redevelopment of the seafront area is proposed across a wider area of roads and highways.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of changing the status of a taxi rank could be as much as £3,000, with additional costs coming from works on the site.
EDDC said it has not budgeted for the work, so the costs would need to be borne by Seaton Town Council under the redevelopment work.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott