New variety show in Honiton
Members of Honiton Pantomime Society will be staging a variety show at the end of the month to help raise money for their next production.
Entitled The End of the Pier Show, it will be a mix of comedy, songs, dancing and sketches, and if it proves successful, it could become a regular feature of the summer in Honiton.
Rehearsals are now well under way - songs have been learnt, dances memorised and costumes are being sourced for a variety of sketches.
The Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be that Grand Old Dame of Panto, Mr Max Pipe, who is busy sorting through his many joke books for the evening’s entertainment,
There will also be a delicious ploughman’s supper provided and those in the audience are invited to take along their own drinks for the evening.
Tables and chairs will be set out so that individual groups may sit together.
This is a new venture for Honiton Pantomime Society and members are looking forward to the support of people in the area.
- 1 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 2 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 3 Chard youngsters overcome fears and make memories at activity centre
- 4 Date reportedly set for Tiverton and Honiton by-election
- 5 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 6 Talaton gardens re-opens for the summer
- 7 Gang responsible for bringing a kilo of drugs into Devon jailed for 23 years
- 8 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 9 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
It is set to take place on Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31, to help raise much needed funds, and it will be performed at Honiton Community College.
Tickets, costing �8, are now available from the Honiton Toy Shop, High Street, Honiton.
If patrons have difficulty travelling on the Saturday evening, a coach (via TRIP) has been arranged to collect and deliver. To book, or to find out more information, please contact Val Lloyd on (01404) 41773 before Saturday, July 24, when bookings will close.