New variety show in Honiton
Members of Honiton Pantomime Society will be staging a variety show at the end of the month to help raise money for their next production.
Entitled The End of the Pier Show, it will be a mix of comedy, songs, dancing and sketches, and if it proves successful, it could become a regular feature of the summer in Honiton.
Rehearsals are now well under way - songs have been learnt, dances memorised and costumes are being sourced for a variety of sketches.
The Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be that Grand Old Dame of Panto, Mr Max Pipe, who is busy sorting through his many joke books for the evening’s entertainment,
There will also be a delicious ploughman’s supper provided and those in the audience are invited to take along their own drinks for the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Tables and chairs will be set out so that individual groups may sit together.
This is a new venture for Honiton Pantomime Society and members are looking forward to the support of people in the area.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 4 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 5 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 6 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 7 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
It is set to take place on Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31, to help raise much needed funds, and it will be performed at Honiton Community College.
Tickets, costing �8, are now available from the Honiton Toy Shop, High Street, Honiton.
If patrons have difficulty travelling on the Saturday evening, a coach (via TRIP) has been arranged to collect and deliver. To book, or to find out more information, please contact Val Lloyd on (01404) 41773 before Saturday, July 24, when bookings will close.