New year, new opportunities
In my opinion, and from my own experiences, the present Seaton town councillors – of which I am one – like many previous town representatives, work very hard for the future of Seaton.
In my opinion, and from my own experiences, the present Seaton town councillors - of which I am one - like many previous town representatives, work very hard for the future of Seaton.
They do what they can within their confines.
Both historically and recently, decisions have been made by councils with greater authority, against local needs and wishes - leaving local representatives powerless.
These actions (too numerous to mention) have long-term implications, working against the natural assets of this unique town.
You may also want to watch:
Dealing with these issues from both inside and outside the bureaucratic system is frustrating. Frustration leads to anger, blame and demoralisation - all natural but negative responses.
Seaton is very fortunate because we benefit from such a diverse mix of residents (new, established, young and old) who care passionately about where they live. We cannot 'undo' the past, but we can make the best of what is upon us.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
United, we have the skills and resolution to be constructive, to find positive aspects upon which we can work together.
This is an opportunity for Seaton and all of its residents to work together to make our town an even happier, more cohesive community.
My new year's wish for Seaton, is that we all find good within each other, and common ground to work from, reversing the downward spiral and promoting a truly unique and united community.
Happy New Year!