New year, new opportunities
In my opinion, and from my own experiences, the present Seaton town councillors – of which I am one – like many previous town representatives, work very hard for the future of Seaton.
In my opinion, and from my own experiences, the present Seaton town councillors - of which I am one - like many previous town representatives, work very hard for the future of Seaton.
They do what they can within their confines.
Both historically and recently, decisions have been made by councils with greater authority, against local needs and wishes - leaving local representatives powerless.
These actions (too numerous to mention) have long-term implications, working against the natural assets of this unique town.
You may also want to watch:
Dealing with these issues from both inside and outside the bureaucratic system is frustrating. Frustration leads to anger, blame and demoralisation - all natural but negative responses.
Seaton is very fortunate because we benefit from such a diverse mix of residents (new, established, young and old) who care passionately about where they live. We cannot 'undo' the past, but we can make the best of what is upon us.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
United, we have the skills and resolution to be constructive, to find positive aspects upon which we can work together.
This is an opportunity for Seaton and all of its residents to work together to make our town an even happier, more cohesive community.
My new year's wish for Seaton, is that we all find good within each other, and common ground to work from, reversing the downward spiral and promoting a truly unique and united community.
Happy New Year!