News from Honiton churches - May
Honiton Garden Club is holding its annual plant sale from 9am to noon at St Paul s Church on Saturday, May 1, writes Liz Tirard.
Honiton Garden Club is holding its annual plant sale from 9am to noon at St Paul's Church on Saturday, May 1, writes Liz Tirard.
On the same day, churches in Honiton are offering residents the opportunity to meet the parliamentary candidates for our constituency, hosted by St Paul's church, from 5pm to 7pm.
St Paul's Toddlers meet every Thursday during term-time, in the Crypt, from 110am to 11.30am, for play, chat and snacks. This term, Healthy And Local Food For Families (HALFF) are coming to cook with the toddlers on May 6, June 10 and July 8. Food is prepared together then the meal is shared: Rose Millard, the church youth worker, says: "It is amazing how much and what toddlers will eat when all their friends are doing it, too! We always welcome new friends and this is a free session, so do please come along!"
Buckerell has a plant sale on May 9, at the War Memorial from 11am and, on May 16, Gittisham is holding a Ploughman's and Puddings event for Christian Aid in the Village Hall from 12.30pm to 2pm. Carol McCann has further details and would find table bookings helpful. She can be reached on (01404) 851113.
You may also want to watch:
St Paul's Church Bazaar - May 28. Contributions and offers of help would be welcome.
On May 30, Buckerell Boules is at Deer Park Farm from noon to 2pm.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 8 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon