News from the churches by Liz Tirard
Roll up! Roll up! St Paul s Church Holiday Club will run from August 10 to 14 for five to 11year olds.
Roll up! Roll up! St Paul's Church Holiday Club will run from August 10 to 14 for five to 11year olds.
Registration forms are in the Narthex and the library. The theme this year is Showstoppers, and the week will be launched at Sunday Celebration on Sunday, August 9, at 11.15am and rounded off at the All Age Eucharist at 9.30am on Sunday, August 16. Take a bow and be there!
For further details, call (01404) 549479.
On a practical note, there are lists of "stuff" (on the table in the Narthex) which the organisers need for the club, so please have a look, in your cupboards and see how you can help. Thank you.
You may also want to watch:
The History Society is going to Wells on Thursday, August 13. Please contact Howard Foss on (01404) 45051 for more details.
Coffee mornings, on Tuesdays and Saturdays, go on as usual throughout August. Pat Hodges on (01404) 46256 would be glad to hear from anyone who would like to come onto the rota.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
Gittisham has its village flower and produce show in the village hall on Saturday, August 1, from 2pm. Teas available.
On Sunday, the 16th, there is an open day at Michael Harris' Combe Farm Arabian Stud, from 2.30 pm. Entry is �6 and proceeds will benefit church funds. Teas available
All Sunday services in Gittisham in August are at 11am. Sunday 2nd, an outdoor pet service with Communion, followed by refreshments; 9th and 23rd. Parish Communion; 16th, Sung Mattins; 30th, Songs of Praise