NHS moves to snuff out hospitals rumour
Ownership of community hospitals not being transferred.
FEARS that community hospitals in East Devon could be transferred to a new owner have been allayed by the NHS.
District councillor Jill Elson raised the alarm, saying the ownership and management of community hospitals could change with the demise of primary care trusts.
But Jayne Carroll, of NHS Devon, said: “Councillor Elson has misunderstood.
“National policy requires PCTs to transfer community staff and services to an alternative organisation by 1 April, 2011. We need to be clear that this does not include the transfer of any community hospitals or NHS estate.”
You may also want to watch:
NHS Devon is discussing options for the future management of community services with community staff and local GPs.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 4 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 5 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 6 Honiton Rugby Club recruitment day
- 7 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
- 8 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 9 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 10 Tories' approach to councillor checks could fuel hysteria