NHS moves to snuff out hospitals rumour
Ownership of community hospitals not being transferred.
FEARS that community hospitals in East Devon could be transferred to a new owner have been allayed by the NHS.
District councillor Jill Elson raised the alarm, saying the ownership and management of community hospitals could change with the demise of primary care trusts.
But Jayne Carroll, of NHS Devon, said: “Councillor Elson has misunderstood.
“National policy requires PCTs to transfer community staff and services to an alternative organisation by 1 April, 2011. We need to be clear that this does not include the transfer of any community hospitals or NHS estate.”
You may also want to watch:
NHS Devon is discussing options for the future management of community services with community staff and local GPs.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 6 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges