No refuse collection for a month
EDDC service criticised by Colyford resident.
First, congratulations to everyone at the Midweek Herald for producing excellent editions of the paper during the recent ice and snow, using modern technology which allowed people to work from home.
In fact, all of our services managed to get through before Christmas, delivered milk, papers, mail and courier services. The one exception was the refuse collection, the responsibility of EDDC, which finally limped into action on Wednesday, December 29, with a recycled collection only.
The landfill will not have been collected for over a month if it is done on January 6. Other councils started collecting again on Monday, December 27, so why not East Devon?
The council offices were closed from 2pm on Christmas Eve until Tuesday of this week - unlike businesses in the private sector which provide a real service to people whatever the weather.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 3 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 6 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 7 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon