No refuse collection for a month
EDDC service criticised by Colyford resident.
First, congratulations to everyone at the Midweek Herald for producing excellent editions of the paper during the recent ice and snow, using modern technology which allowed people to work from home.
In fact, all of our services managed to get through before Christmas, delivered milk, papers, mail and courier services. The one exception was the refuse collection, the responsibility of EDDC, which finally limped into action on Wednesday, December 29, with a recycled collection only.
The landfill will not have been collected for over a month if it is done on January 6. Other councils started collecting again on Monday, December 27, so why not East Devon?
The council offices were closed from 2pm on Christmas Eve until Tuesday of this week - unlike businesses in the private sector which provide a real service to people whatever the weather.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 5 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 6 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Colyton submits its Neighbourhood Plan to district planners
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 We're wild about open spaces but beware, others are not
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton