No refuse collection for a month
EDDC service criticised by Colyford resident.
First, congratulations to everyone at the Midweek Herald for producing excellent editions of the paper during the recent ice and snow, using modern technology which allowed people to work from home.
In fact, all of our services managed to get through before Christmas, delivered milk, papers, mail and courier services. The one exception was the refuse collection, the responsibility of EDDC, which finally limped into action on Wednesday, December 29, with a recycled collection only.
The landfill will not have been collected for over a month if it is done on January 6. Other councils started collecting again on Monday, December 27, so why not East Devon?
The council offices were closed from 2pm on Christmas Eve until Tuesday of this week - unlike businesses in the private sector which provide a real service to people whatever the weather.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 6 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 William conquers 200 books
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average