No winter bus timetables
Addendum booklets and leaflets produced instead to save money.
The humble bus timetable has fallen victim to cutbacks.
No new timetables are being printed by Devon County Council for the winter.
Instead, the authority is publishing leaflets and addendum booklets to save money.
The council says the number of service changes is “relatively small” this year and that some winter changes were indicated in the summer timetable.
You may also want to watch:
The Midweek Herald spotted the change at Honiton Tourist Information Centre, where a notice has been put up by staff to warn bus passengers.
A spokesman for Devon County Council said: “In view of the relatively small number of service changes, we have produced addendum booklets and leaflets, rather than produce new area books, and, with the advance co-operation of bus companies, some winter service changes were already indicated in the summer publications.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
“The few changes in East Devon, such as the improved Ottery St Mary town service and the winter Service X53, are covered in individual route leaflets, which is a much more cost-effective use of tax payers’ money.”
Winter times are effective now.
Timetables can be viewed online, using an interactive map.