Nothing proven more effective
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction. There s nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned. No one would deny that misuse of drugs – of all kinds
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction.
There's nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned.
No one would deny that misuse of drugs - of all kinds - represents an enormously serious and complex problem for the community, and clearly it is one that has to be addressed by law enforcement as well as treatment.
With respect to treatment of heroin addiction, in particular, the fact is that in your country, and mine, and in scores of others around the world, nothing has proven to be as effective as that utilising methadone in reducing drug use and the many associated costs borne by users and the community alike.
Roibert Newman, MD, MPH, Director
Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 5 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 8 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 9 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 10 Honiton Lions run mole mapping day