Nothing proven more effective
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction. There s nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned. No one would deny that misuse of drugs – of all kinds
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction.
There's nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned.
No one would deny that misuse of drugs - of all kinds - represents an enormously serious and complex problem for the community, and clearly it is one that has to be addressed by law enforcement as well as treatment.
With respect to treatment of heroin addiction, in particular, the fact is that in your country, and mine, and in scores of others around the world, nothing has proven to be as effective as that utilising methadone in reducing drug use and the many associated costs borne by users and the community alike.
Roibert Newman, MD, MPH, Director
Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire