Nothing proven more effective
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction. There s nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned. No one would deny that misuse of drugs – of all kinds
WITH reference to your stories last week about drug addiction.
There's nothing to suggest that patients receiving methadone play a significant role in crimes committed in either location mentioned.
No one would deny that misuse of drugs - of all kinds - represents an enormously serious and complex problem for the community, and clearly it is one that has to be addressed by law enforcement as well as treatment.
With respect to treatment of heroin addiction, in particular, the fact is that in your country, and mine, and in scores of others around the world, nothing has proven to be as effective as that utilising methadone in reducing drug use and the many associated costs borne by users and the community alike.
You may also want to watch:
Roibert Newman, MD, MPH, Director
Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 9 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 10 Your chance to be crowned top artist