Honiton firm backs Children’s Hospice South West
- Credit: Archant
Nu-Heat donates £3,000 to fund specialist care for children with life-limiting conditions.
Honiton-based Nu-Heat has raised more than £3,000 for Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) to fund specialist care for children with life-limiting conditions.
As well as holding a charity barbecue and raffle, the underfloor heating specialists put their MD behind bars for CHSW’s Jail and Bail event to raise the money.
The company’s donation is enough to fund a specialist children’s nurse for one month at Little Bridge House, CHSW’s hospice near Barnstaple.
Mhairi Bass-Carruthers, CHSW corporate partnerships fundraiser, said: “Children’s nurses are an integral part of a team that supports families through vital respite breaks, emergency care, and end of life care.
You may also want to watch:
“Nu-Heat’s generous donation will help to ensure that the children and families who visit our Barnstaple children’s hospice are receiving the best possible care.”
Nu-Heat MD, David Roberts, said: “We are glad to contribute towards the vital work of Children’s Hospice South West, and make things a little easier for families who are going through the darkest of times.”
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home