Colyton ‘Nutters’ thank supporters
- Credit: Archant
Carnival group enjoys another successful year - this time with its Battle of Portaloo float
Colyton’s award-winning Nunsford Nutters Carnival Club has been celebrating another successful year – and is already preparing for the next.
Its spectacular Battle of Portaloo float took prizes in processions across the region.
Now the group wants to thank all the people who have supported it.
Spokeswoman Gail Jarman said: “We start our carnivals with Seaton in September and finish in December with Honiton Christmas Carnival - a total of 20 carnivals which include the East Devon circuit, Somerset circuit and the Bridgwater circuit.
You may also want to watch:
“Our eldest member ‘Nan’ Rene Hill is 84 and a founder member. Our youngest is eight.
“Each year we give some of the money we make to a local charity - this year to the Colyton Memory Café.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
“We would like to thank everyone who has supported us in any way this year.”
The ‘Nutters’ next fundraiser is a show with the Glamour Girls on March 1 and 2. Contact Angie 01297 552151 for more information.