Occupants evacuated after house fire

PUBLISHED: 11:00 05 December 2011

Archant

The occupants of a property in Monkton suffered smoke inhalation following a fire in their home.

Firefighters from Honiton were mobilised to the incident in Otter View, yesterday (Sunday), at 10.52pm, and found smoke coming from the semi-detached property.

The occupants were advised to evacuate the property.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “The occupants, two adults and three children suffered from slight smoke inhalation, but after treatment, did not need to go to hospital.

“The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.”

Ambulance crews were also in attendance and Western Power ensured the electrics were made safe.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald