Occupants evacuated after house fire
The occupants of a property in Monkton suffered smoke inhalation following a fire in their home.
Firefighters from Honiton were mobilised to the incident in Otter View, yesterday (Sunday), at 10.52pm, and found smoke coming from the semi-detached property.
The occupants were advised to evacuate the property.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: “The occupants, two adults and three children suffered from slight smoke inhalation, but after treatment, did not need to go to hospital.
“The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews were also in attendance and Western Power ensured the electrics were made safe.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track