Off-road adventure in Morocco will mark Robin's 50th birthday
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco – riding a bicycle off-road.
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco - riding a bicycle off-road.
The adventure is all part of a fundraising drive for Headway Devon and will take in more than 250 miles over six days.
Robin, who runs the service department at Harts of Honiton, has paid for the trip out of his own pocket, so all the money he collects in sponsorship will go to the charity, which has a day centre facility in Honiton.
He aims to raise at least �1,200 and has already attracted some sponsorship from Honiton Round Table and Harts of Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Cycle Honiton will maintain his bike between now and the trip.
Although a keen cyclist for many years, Robin, a father of two teenage boys, is most concerned about overcoming high temperatures in the mountains.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
"I can do the miles but, under those kind of conditions, I don't know if I will be able to cope the same," he said.
"We aim to cover 30 to 50 kilometres a day."
The trip is being organised by Alastair Cope, of the Axe Valley Peddlers, of which Robin is a member, and will take place in October.
To sponsor Robin, pop in to Harts of Honiton, call (01404) 548908 or visit www.justgiving.com/robin-clapp