Off-road adventure in Morocco will mark Robin's 50th birthday
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco – riding a bicycle off-road.
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco - riding a bicycle off-road.
The adventure is all part of a fundraising drive for Headway Devon and will take in more than 250 miles over six days.
Robin, who runs the service department at Harts of Honiton, has paid for the trip out of his own pocket, so all the money he collects in sponsorship will go to the charity, which has a day centre facility in Honiton.
He aims to raise at least �1,200 and has already attracted some sponsorship from Honiton Round Table and Harts of Honiton.
Cycle Honiton will maintain his bike between now and the trip.
Although a keen cyclist for many years, Robin, a father of two teenage boys, is most concerned about overcoming high temperatures in the mountains.
- 1 Gittsham motorist 'so drunk he had to be carried out of car'
- 2 Towns join forces to promote green tourism
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 5 Axminster vehicle extravaganza hailed 'great day out'
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Simon Jupp calls for Prime Minister's resignation
- 8 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 9 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 10 Church recital at Broadhembury
"I can do the miles but, under those kind of conditions, I don't know if I will be able to cope the same," he said.
"We aim to cover 30 to 50 kilometres a day."
The trip is being organised by Alastair Cope, of the Axe Valley Peddlers, of which Robin is a member, and will take place in October.
To sponsor Robin, pop in to Harts of Honiton, call (01404) 548908 or visit www.justgiving.com/robin-clapp