Off-road adventure in Morocco will mark Robin's 50th birthday
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco – riding a bicycle off-road.
ROBIN Clapp is to celebrate his 50th birthday in the remote High Atlas Mountains of Morocco - riding a bicycle off-road.
The adventure is all part of a fundraising drive for Headway Devon and will take in more than 250 miles over six days.
Robin, who runs the service department at Harts of Honiton, has paid for the trip out of his own pocket, so all the money he collects in sponsorship will go to the charity, which has a day centre facility in Honiton.
He aims to raise at least �1,200 and has already attracted some sponsorship from Honiton Round Table and Harts of Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Cycle Honiton will maintain his bike between now and the trip.
Although a keen cyclist for many years, Robin, a father of two teenage boys, is most concerned about overcoming high temperatures in the mountains.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 8 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 9 Have your say on future development of village
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
"I can do the miles but, under those kind of conditions, I don't know if I will be able to cope the same," he said.
"We aim to cover 30 to 50 kilometres a day."
The trip is being organised by Alastair Cope, of the Axe Valley Peddlers, of which Robin is a member, and will take place in October.
To sponsor Robin, pop in to Harts of Honiton, call (01404) 548908 or visit www.justgiving.com/robin-clapp