Witness appeal following reported assault in Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling for witnesses following a reported assault in Lyme Regis town centre.
Officers were called at 4.54pm on Wednesday, August 12, to reports of an altercation involving two men and a woman outside The Volunteer Pub on Broad Street.
It is reported that one of the offenders threw a metal crow bar at one man before attempting to drive at him.
No serious injuries were sustained. No arrests have been made.
Police Constable Mike Rumsby, of Bridport police, said: “A full investigation is under way into this incident and I would urge anyone who witnessed what happened and has not yet spoken to officers to please contact Dorset Police.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from the local neighbourhood policing team will be continuing with their high visibility patrols and can be approached with any concerns.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55200120079.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Alternatively, to stay 100 per cent anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers online at Crimestoppers-uk.org or call freephone 0800 555 111.