OH NO! town crier gets a bumpy ride
Mayor assures motorists that resurfacing Axminster town centre is on the schedule
THE condition of Axminster’s roads is nothing to shout about - according to town crier Nick Goodwin.
He says drivers have to endure a bumpy ride through the centre because of the crumbling surface.
Speaking during the public forum session at last week’s town council meeting, he said the highway between the Guildhall and Lyme Road was in an “appalling” state.
“The town is breaking up,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Andrew Moulding assured him things were set to get better for motorists.
“There is a resurfacing plan for the centre,” he said
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone