Olympic torch arrives at Hawkchurch
village primary school pupils carry the flame by bicycle on the next leg of its journey to All Saints
Youngsters at Hawkchurch joined an Olympic relay across East Devon when the torch arrived at the village primary school.
They received the flame from St Mary’s and Axminster Community Primary school pupils who had walked all the way.
The Hawkchurch students, who have recently completed ‘Bikability’ training, and their teacher, Harriet English, then cycled the torch to All Saints Primary School.
Year six student Ben Rosling said: “It was really tiring but fun, too.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite the rain, the pupils from All Saints came out to meet the torch carriers and accept the handover before taking it on the next leg of its tour.
The torch was made by students at Colyton Grammar School and ended its journey back in the town.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism