Olympic torch arrives at Hawkchurch
village primary school pupils carry the flame by bicycle on the next leg of its journey to All Saints
Youngsters at Hawkchurch joined an Olympic relay across East Devon when the torch arrived at the village primary school.
They received the flame from St Mary’s and Axminster Community Primary school pupils who had walked all the way.
The Hawkchurch students, who have recently completed ‘Bikability’ training, and their teacher, Harriet English, then cycled the torch to All Saints Primary School.
Year six student Ben Rosling said: “It was really tiring but fun, too.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite the rain, the pupils from All Saints came out to meet the torch carriers and accept the handover before taking it on the next leg of its tour.
The torch was made by students at Colyton Grammar School and ended its journey back in the town.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott