Olympic torch brightens children’s play
Olympic torch comes to Farway.
Children at Farway were getting into the Olympic spirit and enjoyed an enlightening visit.
Farway Under Fives Pre-School and Farway Primary School were all smiles when Chloe Lock, a tae kwon do instructor from Honiton, brought along her Olympic torch.
Chloe was chosen to carry the torch through Taunton.
The pre-school children crafted their own torches, which they were keen to show Chloe, along with Mandeville, the pre-school’s Olympic mascot.
You may also want to watch:
Photographs of the event were shown to the school children, however the excitement flared when each child was allowed to hold the torch.
The visit was part of the children’s work on the Olympics, looking at the different sports involved, including the origins of the games, the global community that participates and why the games are so special this year.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK