Ombudsman threat over Tesco deadline

PUBLISHED: 12:44 17 February 2009 | UPDATED: 23:02 15 June 2010

A SEATON town councillor has threatened to take action if the time period to comment about Tesco plans for the resort is not extended.

A SEATON town councillor has threatened to take action if the time period to comment about Tesco plans for the resort is not extended.Graham Jones said he would go to the government ombudsmen as an individual if East Devon District Council did not give residents more time to consider impli-cations. He told a meeting on Monday that the council had given him an extension to oppose the plans, but he wanted it to include all residents in the area.Speaking to the Herald he said: "I reserve the right to launch a complaint as an individual if they don't extend this to other people."Possibly 200 households will be affected by this application and we only received the information on Saturday."He said he was given until March 11 to make his views known. Town clerk David Mears said he understood that the date had been extended for everybody else until March 4.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald