Online bid launched to send family on holiday
- Credit: Archant
Naomi Thomas, 33, has expressed her surprise at being at the centre of the bid - organised by Hannah Chesterfield, who admires her charity work.
A Honiton woman has launched an online campaign to send a terminally ill mum and her family on a dream holiday to Florida - so they can make cherished memories.
Naomi Thomas (pictured), 33, has expressed her surprise at being at the centre of the bid - organised by Hannah Chesterfield, who admires her charity work.
Sidmouth-born Naomi was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009. She hoped she had beaten the disease, but doctors told her she had an incurable tumour on her spine - just days after the birth of her son, Devon.
Naomi has since set up the Wedding Wishing Well Foundation charity and works hard to help other couples affected by terminal illness to tie the knot.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah, of Badger Close, launched a JustGiving page to raise £3,500 to send Naomi and her family to Disney World in Florida. Since March 3, the page has raised more than £1,300.
Hannah said: “Like any young wife and mother, I know how much she wants to make cherished memories and I wanted to help fulfil as many dreams of hers as possible.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The 30-year-old first met Naomi in 2013 when she offered to write press releases for the charity.
Hannah added: “The fact that people have taken the time to follow the link and donate is really a great thing.
Naomi said: “Going to America has always been something we’ve wanted to do as a family - especially now Devon is at an age to enjoy places such as Disney World.
“We don’t run the charity to benefit ourselves, but it’s lovely that people recognise the hard work that we put in. The charity has become a way of life for us.”
Hannah has been aided on her fundraising mission by Wedding Wishing Well Foundation ambassador Alix Renshaw and photographer Rachel Sherlock.
Naomi added: “We were very surprised and humbled by the page and the effort that Hannah, Alix and others have put into sharing the page. And we’re extremely thankful to those who have donated.”
To donate, visit: https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/making-memories-for-naomi