Learn how to save a life at ambulance station’s open day in Honiton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An open day will be held at Honiton Ambulance Station to give people the chance to get up and close with its fleet of lifesaving vehicles.
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) paramedics will showcase their vehicles, equipment and skills at a special Open event in Honiton today (Sunday, September 15).
The event, which runs from 11am to 4pm, features frontline resources including rapid response cars, ambulance vehicles, and motorcycle response units.
Volunteer Community First Responders will be available to talk about their role within the Trust.
There will be sessions about how to do lifesaving and how to apply bandaging.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a bouncy castle, face painting, colouring, and hot and cold refreshments.
Richard Cockin, Operations Officer, said: "Weather permitting, this should be a fantastic family orientated time with plenty of hands-on opportunities for those that want to see the vehicles and equipment we use, all guided by our frontline ambulance staff."
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
The event will take place at Honiton Ambulance Station, Devonshire Road, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton, EX14 1SD.
Parking is not available on site.