Operation Everest: Herald observes police day of action in Honiton
POLICE in Honiton are out in force today, as part of Operation Everest. The force-wide day of action aims to tackle issues raised by residents.
POLICE in Honiton are out in force today, as part of Operation Everest.
The force-wide day of action aims to tackle issues raised by residents.
In Honiton, where speeding traffic has been pinpointed as a community concern through the Partners and Communities Together (PACT) process, Pc Ian Atyeo and PCSO Sue Rowe have been targeting motorists who exceed the speed limit at hot spots around the town.
Pc Clive Vickery has been delivering leaflets to businesses in Dunkeswell, hoping to muster enough support for a Business Watch scheme in the village.
You may also want to watch:
Other initiatives are also being rolled out today.
Your Midweek Herald has been out-and-about with Pc Atyeo and PCSO Rowe this morning and will be joining them again later today.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
Full story in next week's Herald.