Operation Everest: Herald observes police day of action in Honiton
POLICE in Honiton are out in force today, as part of Operation Everest. The force-wide day of action aims to tackle issues raised by residents.
POLICE in Honiton are out in force today, as part of Operation Everest.
The force-wide day of action aims to tackle issues raised by residents.
In Honiton, where speeding traffic has been pinpointed as a community concern through the Partners and Communities Together (PACT) process, Pc Ian Atyeo and PCSO Sue Rowe have been targeting motorists who exceed the speed limit at hot spots around the town.
Pc Clive Vickery has been delivering leaflets to businesses in Dunkeswell, hoping to muster enough support for a Business Watch scheme in the village.
You may also want to watch:
Other initiatives are also being rolled out today.
Your Midweek Herald has been out-and-about with Pc Atyeo and PCSO Rowe this morning and will be joining them again later today.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 9 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
Full story in next week's Herald.