Exotic feast will aid Axminster charity
- Credit: Archant
Sri Lankan food will be served at The Guildhall, along with live music
An evening of exotic food and live music is being planned to raise vital funds for Axminster counselling service Arc.
Three independent businesses are organising a Sri Lankan feast and hope to donate £7,000 to the charity.
The event is being arranged by South Street traders Gayanath Nanayakkara (Nana), Laurence Norman and Pippa Galvin from Allendale Dry Cleaners, West Country Higgler and Little Bits of Lovely, respectively.
The meal, with live music, a raffle and an auction, will take place in Axminster Guildhall from 5.30pm on Sunday March 24,
You may also want to watch:
Arc provides a free counselling service for Axminster Medical Practice patients. It helps people facing bereavement, family crisis or life changing or threatening diagnoses.
Nana said: “Arc is an incredible charity and Axminster is lucky to have it! We need to ensure Arc’s survival. Without Arc, patients would face a long waiting time at a time when they need help the most.“
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Tickets are £25 available from the three businesses. For further information call 07984005672.