Still time to seek community grants
- Credit: Terry Ife
Organisations providing services that offer ‘a clear and demonstrable benefit’ to Ottery St Mary residents still have time to apply for a community grant of up to £2,000.
The grants are awarded annually by Ottery Town Council out of public funds.
The application deadline is October 31 and the successful applicants formally receive their grants at the annual parish meeting, usually held the following April.
The applications are open to any local society with charitable, voluntary or not-for-profit status, community group or club, community interest company or charity, if they are based in the parish and/or operating for the benefit of its residents.
The grants must be intended for a specific purpose, not as a general boost to the organisation’s funding; for example, buying computers, sports equipment, craft materials for a project; upgrading existing facilities; training costs or start-up costs for a new initiative.
For further details of eligibility and to download an application form, visit the Ottery St Mary Town Council website.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 6 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon