Ottery tar barrels explosion: mayor defends tradition
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the idiot who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the "idiot" who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
"The Tar Barrel organisers do everything they can to make it as safe as possible and then one idiot comes along," said Mr Glyn Dobson.
"Fifteen thousand people come to enjoy themselves and the actions of one individual has put the whole thing at risk."
Mr Dobson has urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "If someone doesn't want to contact the police with information for any reason, then they can contact the town council offices."
Anyone with information can contact police on 08452 444 777.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 7 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 8 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 9 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer