Ottery tar barrels explosion: mayor defends tradition
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the idiot who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the "idiot" who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
"The Tar Barrel organisers do everything they can to make it as safe as possible and then one idiot comes along," said Mr Glyn Dobson.
"Fifteen thousand people come to enjoy themselves and the actions of one individual has put the whole thing at risk."
Mr Dobson has urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "If someone doesn't want to contact the police with information for any reason, then they can contact the town council offices."
Anyone with information can contact police on 08452 444 777.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon