Ottery tar barrels explosion: mayor defends tradition
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the idiot who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday
OTTERY'S mayor has defended the town's Tar Barrel tradition and slammed the "idiot" who caused an explosion during festivities on Thursday.
"The Tar Barrel organisers do everything they can to make it as safe as possible and then one idiot comes along," said Mr Glyn Dobson.
"Fifteen thousand people come to enjoy themselves and the actions of one individual has put the whole thing at risk."
Mr Dobson has urged anyone with information to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "If someone doesn't want to contact the police with information for any reason, then they can contact the town council offices."
Anyone with information can contact police on 08452 444 777.
- 1 Talks to find future for historic farmhouse ravaged by fire
- 2 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 3 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 4 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 5 Jack's back with a fresh emphasis on community
- 6 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
- 7 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 8 Independent family store embraces future with retailing first
- 9 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 10 The importance of renewable energy