Out of control bonfire threatens home

PUBLISHED: 10:43 09 July 2013 | UPDATED: 10:43 09 July 2013

Archant

Flames spread to electricity and gas meter boxes at Colyton house.

Firefighters from Colyton came across a bonfire which appeared to be out of control at around 6.45pm yesterday evening (Monday).

The flames had spread to the electricity meter box and gas meter box of an adjacent property at Mount View.

The crews damped down the fire damaged area using one hose reel jet and requested the attendance of Western Power and Wales and West Utilities. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. This incident was left in the hands of electricity and gas engineers.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald