Outstanding GCSE results at Colyton Grammar
Nearly half of all grades were the top A*
YEAR Ten students at Colyton Grammar School are celebrating GCSE success today (Thursday), with nearly half of all grades being awarded the top ranking.
The A* grade was attained in 49.5 per cent of examinations, taken a year earlier than is usual by students this summer. Overall, 86 per cent were either A or A*.
Students will now go on to study a broader than normal sixth form programme including five or more A levels, the English Baccalaureate A Level Diploma, work experience and personal development opportunities, as part of Colyton’s innovative three-year sixth form.
Headteacher, Paul Evans said: “It’s pleasing to see that students have taken GCSE in their stride and that they are now ready and eager to move on to the challenge of A levels in September.
“These GCSEs are the result of hard work by the students, supported by their teachers and, of course, their parents, and will compare very favourably with similar schools nationally.
“With every student achieving five or more A*-C, including English, maths and science, and with more than half of students achieving five or more A* grades, every student should be congratulated on their personal achievement and success.”
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
Particular achievements were recorded by: Lea Boucher (Lympstone), Riordan Deehan-Jackson (Exmouth) and Sophia Lovett (Uplyme) who each achieved a clean sweep of A* Grades in all eleven subjects they took.
The following students each achieved 10*: Alice Chilcott (Wilmington), Annie Wallace (Kilmington), Charlotte Sanders (Exminster), Elisabeth Cooper-Germscheid (Colyford), Ellie Green (Chard), Jaq Harverson (Wellington), Laurence Constable (Budleigh Salterton) Lizi Evans (Sidmouth), Louise Duncan (Doddiscombsleigh) Rachel Royle (Broadclyst), Sam Zhang (Exeter) and Sarah Bosworth (Exeter).