Over 100 people attend 'messy church' - Seaton
OVER 100 people took part in Seaton Baptist Church s first Messy Church on the Beach .
OVER 100 people took part in Seaton Baptist Church's first 'Messy Church on the Beach'.
Children had their faces painted, fished in the well, played games and made 'lim-pet' crafts. Parents enjoyed home-made cakes and refreshments.
The event marked National Family Week, the UK's biggest celebration of family life.
Church leader Simon d'Albertanson told stories while music played in the background. He said: "This was a pilot event, but we're amazed at the response. All we wanted to do today was to show God's love in a practical, fun way - and from the look on people's faces, I think we've achieved that."
You may also want to watch:
Future 'Messy Church' events are planned during the summer holidays.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic