Over 100 people attend 'messy church' - Seaton
OVER 100 people took part in Seaton Baptist Church s first Messy Church on the Beach .
OVER 100 people took part in Seaton Baptist Church's first 'Messy Church on the Beach'.
Children had their faces painted, fished in the well, played games and made 'lim-pet' crafts. Parents enjoyed home-made cakes and refreshments.
The event marked National Family Week, the UK's biggest celebration of family life.
Church leader Simon d'Albertanson told stories while music played in the background. He said: "This was a pilot event, but we're amazed at the response. All we wanted to do today was to show God's love in a practical, fun way - and from the look on people's faces, I think we've achieved that."
You may also want to watch:
Future 'Messy Church' events are planned during the summer holidays.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon