Over 50s keep fit at Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Body Moves class helps older people keep in good shape
Over fifties in Seaton are keeping themselves fit and active by enjoying a session of Body Moves.
Fitness instructor, Sam Neil takes them through an hour of keep fit, chairobics, stretching and movement to music.
The group meets up beforehand for a welcome cup of tea and a chat as organsiers believe the social aspect is just as important as the exercise.
Trish Warren, community activities manager for Age UK Devon said: “It is so important for us all to keep fit and healthy and exercise helps to prevent falls, increase mobility and strength in bones and muscle. Body Moves is also a great way to meet new friends and enjoy a social morning.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions are £3 and a free taster is on offer – just go along to Seaton Methodist Church Hall on a Tuesday in school term time for 11.15am.
For more information call Age UK Devon 0333 241 2340 (charged at local rate) or check the website www.ageukdevon.co.uk
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners