Owners of new restaurant in Honiton say it will serve ‘proper’ Indian food
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a new Indian restaurant which has opened in Honiton say they hope to build a good rapport with residents in the town.
Indian Cuisine opened last night (Tuesday). The eaterie, in New Street, was formerly Istanbul Grill.
Co-owners Koyes Uddin and Joynul Islam said they want to get to know the community as they begin their operation in Honiton.
Mr Uddin said: "We hope that the service and the quality and quanitity of the food will see us stand out.
"A lot of people come to Honiton to eat, but they do not get proper Indian food."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Uddin said the new opening could lead to the employment of local people.
Having been a chef for 20 years, Mr Uddin, who also worked for Unison, moved to Devon from Portsmouth.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Mr Islam has previously worked at food establishements in Ipswich.
Indian Cuisine is open seven days a week.
For more, check out www.indiancuisineonline.co.uk