Panto to feature three generations of same family
Mum, daughter and grandchildren will perform in Dick Whittington at Lyme Regis
Three generations from talented members of a local family will appear in Lyme Regis Pantomime Society’s production of Dick Whittington.
Treading the boards for the first time with the society are Cathryn Brooks, her daughter, Claire Denslow, and grandchildren Melissa and Charlee.
The quartet will be making significant contributions, with Melissa, a 17-year old A level student at Woodroffe School and a former member of the Youth Theatre Group, having bagged the role of principal girl.
Charlee, 13, has a couple of cameo spots and is already showing great promise.
You may also want to watch:
Cathryn and Claire have both been prominent with Lyme Regis Operatic Society and are enjoying the panto scene. Cathryn plays the traditional good fairy, while Claire is strutting her stuff in the chorus.
Melissa will be playing opposite the vastly experienced Tina Paveley who, as principal boy, is in one of the few roles she has not taken before.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Keen to promote innovation and new faces, the society has chosen a female as the Dame for only the second time in its history.
Currently wowing her fellow cast members in rehearsals is the effervescent Gemma Rattenbury who looks set to emulate the only other woman to play the role at Lyme several years ago, the late Mollie Jones.
Other principals are Shirley Colley, Tanya Rattenbury, Val Hawkins, Harvey Causley, Chris Quick, Megan Quick and Lisa Quick.