Paramedics aims to raise money for vulnerable children
Paramedics are used to responding to emergencies in just eight minutes but a group of intrepid staff from Honiton and Sidmouth ambulance stations are likely to take quite a bit longer to raise money to help vulnerable children
Paramedics are used to responding to emergencies in just eight minutes but a group of intrepid staff from Honiton and Sidmouth ambulance stations are likely to take quite a bit longer to raise money to help vulnerable children next week - more like eight hours.
A total of 18 South Western Ambulance Service staff from the two stations have spent much of the summer putting in the hard yards in preparation for the NSPCC's first South West HACK - 'Hike Against Cruelty to Kids' - a 25 mile circular hiking challenge in East Devon on Sunday, September 27.
"We have had a fantastic response from staff signing up to take part and our area manager has been excellent in helping arrange shifts so that we can all take part," said organiser Gary Pester, who originally put up a leaflet asking for volunteers on the notice board at Honiton station.
"I was overwhelmed by the number of people who wanted to take part.
You may also want to watch:
"We have all been training and some have taken it more seriously than others but it is safe to say the sports shops in Honiton have been doing a roaring trade in new shoes recently.
"We are hoping to be able to raise a lot of money, we've all got sponsorship forms and I am sure we will do very well."
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 5 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 6 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat
- 7 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton
Anyone wishing to sponsor the ambulance group should contact Gary on 07872 630919.