Party for volunteer peer supporters, Honiton
AS staff at Honiton Children s Centre thanked volunteers who have been trained to offer support and advice on breastfeeding, a campaign to recruit more volunteers was being launched.
AS staff at Honiton Children's Centre thanked volunteers who have been trained to offer support and advice on breastfeeding, a campaign to recruit more volunteers was being launched.
Existing volunteers have been providing an invaluable service to new mothers in Honiton and they were rewarded with a luncheon to mark National Volunteers' Week.
Honiton Children's Centre, which is managed by The Children's Society, is underlining the importance of breastfeeding for all babies and their mothers.
It aims to expand its team of volunteer breastfeeding peer supporters so that the centre will be able to offer further services and support more mothers through the breastfeeding journey.
You may also want to watch:
A ten-week La Leche League breastfeeding peer support course will start on September 15 and run in the evening from 7pm until 9.30pm.
A spokesperson for the centre said: "We are looking for mothers that have experience of breastfeeding their own child, understand the importance of breastfeeding, would like to support other mothers to breastfeed and would be able to give a little of their time to do this."
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
An information afternoon is being held at Honiton Children's Centre, in Clapper Lane, from 1.30pm to 3pm on June 15. Further information is available from Clare on (01404) 540820.