Party for volunteer peer supporters, Honiton
AS staff at Honiton Children s Centre thanked volunteers who have been trained to offer support and advice on breastfeeding, a campaign to recruit more volunteers was being launched.
AS staff at Honiton Children's Centre thanked volunteers who have been trained to offer support and advice on breastfeeding, a campaign to recruit more volunteers was being launched.
Existing volunteers have been providing an invaluable service to new mothers in Honiton and they were rewarded with a luncheon to mark National Volunteers' Week.
Honiton Children's Centre, which is managed by The Children's Society, is underlining the importance of breastfeeding for all babies and their mothers.
It aims to expand its team of volunteer breastfeeding peer supporters so that the centre will be able to offer further services and support more mothers through the breastfeeding journey.
You may also want to watch:
A ten-week La Leche League breastfeeding peer support course will start on September 15 and run in the evening from 7pm until 9.30pm.
A spokesperson for the centre said: "We are looking for mothers that have experience of breastfeeding their own child, understand the importance of breastfeeding, would like to support other mothers to breastfeed and would be able to give a little of their time to do this."
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 8 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
An information afternoon is being held at Honiton Children's Centre, in Clapper Lane, from 1.30pm to 3pm on June 15. Further information is available from Clare on (01404) 540820.