Pecorama boosts funds for charities
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week.
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week. This year, around �420 was collected by Beer and Seaton RNLI and �720 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Julie Richens, a Guide Dogs volunteer, said: "Free entry certainly brought in the crowds and we had a successful fundraising day.
"It was very special to have over 20 guide dogs and training puppies visiting during the day, always increasing awareness and interest in our work.
"The Guide Dogs would like to thank Peco for their generosity and all those who came to support us."
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Beer and Seaton RNLI, hailed the day a success.
She said: "We were very happy with how much was raised. As well as bucket collections, we also had a souvenir stall and a cuddly toy tombola which added significantly to our total."
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
The local RNLI branch is also running a special raffle throughout the summer and the lucky winner will receive a print donated by art gallery Marine House at Beer.