Pecorama boosts funds for charities
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week.
PECORAMA in Beer opened its doors for the annual charity Garden Day last week. This year, around �420 was collected by Beer and Seaton RNLI and �720 for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Julie Richens, a Guide Dogs volunteer, said: "Free entry certainly brought in the crowds and we had a successful fundraising day.
"It was very special to have over 20 guide dogs and training puppies visiting during the day, always increasing awareness and interest in our work.
"The Guide Dogs would like to thank Peco for their generosity and all those who came to support us."
You may also want to watch:
Wendy Cummins, secretary of Beer and Seaton RNLI, hailed the day a success.
She said: "We were very happy with how much was raised. As well as bucket collections, we also had a souvenir stall and a cuddly toy tombola which added significantly to our total."
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 10 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
The local RNLI branch is also running a special raffle throughout the summer and the lucky winner will receive a print donated by art gallery Marine House at Beer.