Person hurt in fire at Axmouth

PUBLISHED: 08:15 10 March 2016 | UPDATED: 08:15 10 March 2016

Archant

Resident injured by broken glass while tackling blaze in conservatory

Firefighters from Seaton and Colyton were sent to a report of a blaze in a conservatory of a two-storey terraced house at Southcombe Terrace, Axmouth, at around 8pm yesterday evening (Wednesday, March 9).

The fire was confined to an office desk and crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a positive pressure fan to extinguish it.

One person was lead to safety by fire service personnel and an ambulance was requested due to the owner suffering from injuries from breaking glass in an attempt to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire was accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald