PHOTO GALLERY: Honiton and District Carnival 2011
Sixty entries took part in Honiton and District Carnival at the weekend.
They included a number of large entries from Somerset.
Among those to cross the border, some for the first time so far this season, were junior club Rascals, of Ilminster, One Plus One CC, New Beginnings CC and Eclipse CC.
Although they did not bring their magnificent carts to Honiton, members of the mighty Gemini and Harlequin carnival clubs, both of Ilminster, were present to watch the carnival.
You may also want to watch:
Bill Austin, the chairman of Honiton and District Carnival, said he was pleased with how the evening went.
“It went very well,” he told the Midweek Herald.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
“The collections totalled �2,379 - that is �300 up on last year.”
He thanked all those who turned out to support the carnival.