Photography group focuses on changing technology
Axminster camera enthusiasts stage a series of exhibitions to mark their 25th anniversary
Axminster Photography Group is celebrating its 25th anniversary with three exhibitions.
The first begins at the Malthouse Gallery in Lyme Regis on Friday (August 10) and runs until Sunday, open daily from 10am - 5pm.
Further shows are planned for Pecorama, at Beer, and the Arts Caf�, in Axminster.
The exhibitions will include images from the dark room era through the early days of colour printing to the advent of the digital age.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a display of work produced by current members and a selection of images which have gained recognition and awards from the Western Counties Photographic Federation. Some of these images have also won national awards and been displayed at international salons.
The images will also be on display at Pecorama in Beer from September 17-22. As at Lyme, admission is free, as is entrance to the gardens, but there is a charge to visit the railway exhibition.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 3 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
The third exhibition in The Arts Caf� in Axminster will take place from November 10th-24.
Said a spokesman: “The Exhibitions have brought out the very best from the current members who have produced work of an excellent standard for display.
“Each member offered four images for selection and it was a difficult task to choose the best for display.”
Club members will be stewarding and will be happy to discuss their work with interested visitors. The group’s website is http://www.axphotography.org.uk
* Members of Axminster Photography Group come from a wide area of East Devon, West Dorset and South Somerset.
The organisation grew out of a traditional camera club with the intention of members stretching themselves in new directions. The ethos of the group is supportive as opposed to competitive and members aim to help each other raise the standard of their work – both from a technical and artistic viewpoint.